As a Practice Area Lead for Application Development (focused on SharePoint and Office 365) with 2toLead, you will be responsible for leading and developing the application development practice. The individual in this role will provide thought leadership to our clients, set strategic direction for the practice, and ultimately drive sales, recruiting, development, and operational efficiencies. This position is responsible for ensuring the overall quality execution of technology consulting across a breadth of expertise areas that include Office 365, SharePoint, Azure, and Software Engineering (Front End, Mobile, Custom, DevOps).
What is different about this opportunity?
As a generous consulting company, 2toLead prides itself on taking a collaborative and open approach to improve our culture from team connects, celebrating key employee and team moments to providing meaningful ways for employees to connect in person and remotely. This means from a support perspective you will work directly with passionate and exceptional team members who will support and invest in making our employee experience great.
As we scale and grow fast and there are a lot of opportunities to grow leadership skills, support and build soft skills as well as guide personal development. As a compassionate leader, we will give you the space to grow our people and culture together.
We all work remotely and have been working remotely since the company started many years ago. We understand what it takes to be successful and scale and invest in company retreats, offsites, and healthy remote work culture. We are also a high-performance team with leaders passionate about growing your skills and career while offering generous salaries, bonuses, and benefits. You could get equity and an ownership position here at 2toLead and benefit directly from the growth you help drive.
Accountability for the practice, including driving sales, recruiting, account management, development, and all operational aspects, including:
- Drive overall growth of the practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
- Work with teams to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offerings.
- Lead business development activities, leveraging professional contacts for the benefit of the Company.
- Identify opportunities and sell technology services to both new and existing clients.
- Manage Executive and Sr. Executive-level client stakeholder relationships and expand 2toLead's client portfolio in the technology services area.
- Be open, comfortable and/or interested in participating in industry forums, events, and speaking engagements.
Team & Individual Development
- Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
- Mentor, develop, and proactively support practice capabilities per market demand.
- Support recruiting and onboarding of new employees and development of leaders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work through daily internal team meetings.
- Manage engagement risk, and project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership.
- Drive technology strategy discussions to enable customer success using examples and previous experience.
- Ownership and review of all critical project documentation and production of appropriate project status reports.
- When necessary, modify and set client expectations of delivery dates. Write change requests and statements of work for additional work and own review process. Coordinate and lead estimates with the broader team as needed and build staff forecast.
Having these skills sets you up for success early on:
- 10+ years of experience focused on software engineering engagement–based consulting experience; or equivalent industry experience.
- Proven ability to lead and coordinate multiple customer engagements.
- P&L experience from a comparably sized consulting firm preferred (10-25 employees).
- Deep experience with managing people, including mentoring and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead customer relationships, and drive new business opportunities.
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. growing new accounts/clients from the ground up.
- Background in full-stack software engineering and agile delivery.
- Expert business operations (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization).
- Ability to self-manage and comfortable working from home/remotely on a full-time basis.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and/or Office 365 intranets, extranets, solutions and process improvement in application development/technical architecture capacity will be important.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client-facing skills.
Thanks for taking the time to apply!
We would love the opportunity to meet everyone who applies, but unfortunately, that is not possible. We will only reach out to those who are short-listed. As part of our interview process, you will have an opportunity to connect with our leadership team to answer why 2toLead is the best place to work, meet one of our Practice Lead’s for a thorough interview and connect with your peers with whom you would work with daily.
Whether you are based out of Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal or somewhere else in Canada, you can apply. We are a remote-based startup that strives for work/life balance and supports flexibility so that you can work from anywhere.