As a Cloud Solution Architect (focused on Microsoft 365 platform), you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative solutions for our clients. Your duties may include interacting with various business groups helping to define needs and translating those needs into customized solutions delivering long-term value to our clients. As a trusted technical advisor, you will, for example, be able to advise clients on the relative merits of working within their current technology investments, Microsoft platforms, or implementing new strategies in the cloud.
2toLead's solution architects have a variety of roles with clients. You may work solely in development, helping architect and design a solution, or serve as a lead, managing the productivity of a technical or development team. You will help clients understand and implement SharePoint and Office 365 strategies by designing solutions that deliver measurable business value, using cutting-edge technologies in the cloud.
This role will be a mix of execution and leadership responsibilities:
- Is able to effectively self-manage and work from home/remotely on a full-time basis.
- Own the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific solution and technology implementation projects.
- As a trusted customer advocate, help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
- Work on highly scalable applications through all phases of the development lifecycle (initial designs to production deployments).
- Develop and test software components using current industry tools and processes.
- Lead the design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- Effectively research and understand emerging practices (as you will be working on new Microsoft APIs and Microsoft platforms).
- Provide as-needed technical consultation to consulting team and other 2toLead staff at a technical level on all phases of the project development cycle.
- Work well with distributed teams (both agile and non-agile).
- Continually evaluate existing systems, solutions, and processes and provide ideas for improvement.
- Implementation and customization of SharePoint-based solutions for Collaboration portals, Enterprise Content Management, workflows and Enterprise Search.
- Help review and provide technical feedback on detailed design, functional and technical specifications used in developing SharePoint and Office 365 solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues.
- Accountable for the effectiveness, quality, and timeliness of solution development and architecture decisions and how easily those can be implemented.
Having these skills sets you up for success early on:
- Experience with Azure and Office 365 is required. (Would almost certainly be used on day 1).
- 3+ years of hands-on SharePoint architecture experience creating SharePoint solutions including apps, master pages, custom page layouts, content types, workflows, and display templates for search.
- 2+ years of hands-on SharePoint development experience creating SharePoint features and solutions including apps, master pages, custom page layouts, content types, workflows, and display templates for search.
- Experience with client-side technologies such as AngularJS, ReactJS, TypeScript, KnockoutJS, and Handlebars is an asset.
- Experience with task-runner technologies such as Gulp, Grunt, and Webpack is an asset.
- Knowledge of related technologies such as: SQL Server, Internet Information Server, Windows Server, Azure, Office 365 and Active Directory
- Proficiency in defining and maintaining Taxonomy Term Store(s), custom content types with the ability to create custom result sources, refiners and display templates for Enterprise SharePoint Search.
- Experience with complete Software Development Life Cycle and iterative development methodologies such as Agile, with the ability to transform documented use cases into prototypes and finished solutions
- Emphasis on quality technical documentation and experience writing and building effective Functional and Solution Specification documents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with user community in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Strong communication, effective consulting, time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines (keep in mind we work almost entirely remotely).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Microsoft Certifications are preferred.
Thanks for taking the time to apply!
We would love the opportunity to meet everyone who applies, but unfortunately, that is not possible. We will only reach out to those who are short-listed. As part of our interview process, you will have an opportunity to connect with our leadership team to answer why 2toLead is the best place to work, meet one of our Practice Lead’s for a thorough interview and connect with your peers with whom you would work with daily.
Whether you are based out of Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal or somewhere else in Canada, you can apply. We are a remote-based startup that strives for work/life balance and supports flexibility so that you can work from anywhere.