As we continue to scale rapidly, we are looking for a talented, innovative Resource Specialist with a strong background in Workforce Planning who is used to working in a fast-paced, complex environment.
There will be ambiguity and change, giving you a chance to show agility and leave your mark. Workforce Planning (ensuring that we have the right people with the right skills available at the right time) is an area of new focus within our company. The Resource Specialist will join a growing and centrally managed PMO and will work closely with the delivery team. In this role, you’ll take the lead in partnering with delivery and sales consultants across levels from the developer, and consultant to our Project Leads.
The role will require you to establish and drive proactive resourcing practices with the PMO team. The role requires a blend of out-in-front influencing and networking, with behind-the-scenes emotional intelligence, data-savvy, and problem-solving in a fast-paced, project-driven environment. Optimizing consultant utilization and allocation of work, along with embedding yourself into talent discussions will be integral elements of this role.
If you have a passion for driving change, influencing senior internal stakeholders, and engaging with a remote team to develop new ways of working in workforce planning, then this role is for you!
What is different about this opportunity?
As a generous consulting company, 2toLead prides itself on taking a collaborative and open approach to improve our culture from team connects, celebrating key employee and team moments to providing meaningful ways for employees to connect in person and remotely. This means from a support perspective you will work directly with passionate and exceptional team members who will support and invest in making our employee experience great.
As we scale and grow fast and there are a lot of opportunities to grow leadership skills, support and build soft skills as well as guide personal development. As a compassionate leader, we will give you the space to grow our people and culture together.
We all work remotely and have been working remotely since the company started many years ago. We understand what it takes to be successful and scale and invest in company retreats, offsites, and healthy remote work culture. We are also a high-performance team with leaders passionate about growing your skills and career while offering generous salaries, bonuses, and benefits. You could get equity and an ownership position here at 2toLead and benefit directly from the growth you help drive.
Planning Resource Demand
- Develop and manage capacity planning through robust demand plans based on business trends, current and anticipated pipeline of industries, and anticipated planned growth of strategic accounts.
- Perform financial and business analytics requests as needed.
- Use/develop workforce planning tools to support governance processes, forecasting, modelling, and operational action planning, including strategies to resolve staffing conflicts.
- Hold forecast review meetings with respective leaders on a regular basis.
- Work with peers to match demand with capacity when staffing challenging/high-priority engagements requiring a deep understanding of the industry solution and offerings.
- Responsible for the training and education of the regional team to better understand demand planning and implications for staffing.
- Drive an effective partnership with country leaders, consulting leaders, and team leaders (within assigned countries) and infuse productive resourcing practices into sales and delivery processes.
- Partner with leaders to identify opportunities to optimize resourcing.
- Stay current in understanding the organizational matrix (solutions, markets, geographies, lines of business, internal functions) and be up to date on changes as they occur.
- Monitor solution trends and developments and share this among appropriate teams and leaders.
- Know your talent pool including numbers, individual skill profiles/interests, group skill gaps/surpluses, and potential training needs.
- Constantly evaluate the needs of our delivery team, customers and partners in determining the right staffing solutions; contractor vs. FTE tradeoff.
- Manage client team expectations through appropriate information sharing and education.
- Help expose new or unknown talents to engagement teams, advocating for their capability to be successful in a new environment.
- Onboard new employees, educating them on PMO processes effectively.
- Seek and provide feedback; maintain an ongoing feedback loop with consultants and people managers on performance.
- Utilize the information to enhance development opportunities for consultants moving forward.
Understanding the Business
- Apply your knowledge of the professional services industry and how publicly listed consulting firms operate (e.g., contract-to-cash, business development cycles, project delivery cycles, billable hours, time entry, quarterly reporting, etc.) to staffing.
- Review and monitor monthly reports, including but not limited to utilization reporting, pipeline, solution-specific reporting, and backlog.
- Leverage business and financial acumen to understand the implications of bill rates, fees, priority work, etc.
- Understand our clients, what they do, what they need, and how we are helping them.
- Demonstrate strong commercial awareness when reporting to stakeholders: utilization, monitoring and investigating discrepancies between the data, and providing insight to the leadership teams, highlighting any potential concerns.
Having these skills sets you up for success early on:
- 5+ years of experience in resource management or related field.
- Microsoft 365, Power Apps and Power BI experience is preferred.
- High degree of professionalism in all areas (communication, approach, style); understanding what it means to represent a top-tier professional services firm.
- Highly developed diplomacy, influencing, negotiation, and conflict-management skills.
- Ability to lead multiple high-profile/value and complex projects with multiple top-level stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with short timelines/competing demands.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple geographies/cultures.
- Ability to partner at all levels of the organization internally and externally.
- Gravitas and judgment to understand when and how to challenge senior leaders productively and maintain relationships.
- Highly analytical; ability and drive in puzzle-solving.
- Creative and resourceful.
- Ability to maintain and align with processes.
- Detail-orientated with a strong focus on quality.
- Ability to handle large amounts of information and ambiguity.
- Sense of discretion/prudence in working with sensitive information.
Thanks for taking the time to apply!
We would love the opportunity to meet everyone who applies, but unfortunately, that is not possible. We will only reach out to those who are short-listed. As part of our interview process, you will have an opportunity to connect with our leadership team to answer why 2toLead is the best place to work, meet one of our Practice Lead’s for a thorough interview and connect with your peers with whom you would work with daily.
Whether you are based out of Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal or somewhere else in Canada, you can apply. We are a remote-based startup that strives for work/life balance and supports flexibility so that you can work from anywhere.