Do you love developing innovative solutions for office 365? Would you enjoy building solutions using the Microsoft SharePoint platform and building add-ins and apps in the Office 365 platform?
A SharePoint & Office 365 developer is a developer who (hopefully) loves building solutions using the Microsoft SharePoint platform and building add-ins and apps in the Office 365 platform. We are looking for a developer who is self-sufficient and who, with clear requirements, can develop an effective solution based on best practices. If this sounds like you - you will need to be able to act as a technical expert in analysis, design, coding, testing, and debugging new solutions or significant enhancements to existing solutions that are built using Microsoft technologies.
This role will be a mix of execution and leadership responsibilities:
- Is able to effectively self-manage and work from home/remotely on a full-time basis.
- Work on highly scalable applications through all phases of the development lifecycle (initial designs to production deployments).
- Develop and test software components using current industry tools and processes.
- Contribute to the design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- Effectively research and understand emerging practices (as you will be working on new Microsoft APIs and Microsoft platforms).
- Provide as-needed technical consultation to consulting team and other 2toLead staff at a technical level on all phases of the project development cycle.
- Work well with distributed teams (both agile and non-agile).
- Continually evaluate existing systems, solutions, and processes and provide ideas for improvement.
- Implementation and customization of SharePoint-based solutions for Collaboration portals, Enterprise Content Management, Workflows and Enterprise Search.
- Help review and provide technical feedback on detailed design, functional and technical specifications used in developing SharePoint and Office 365 solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues.
- Accountable for the effectiveness, quality, and timeliness of solution development and architecture decisions and how easily those can be implemented.
Having these skills sets you up for success early on:
- Emphasis on quality code and effective commenting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with the user community in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently.
- 2+ years of hands-on SharePoint development experience creating SharePoint features and solutions including apps, master pages, custom page layouts, content types, workflows, and display templates for search.
- Experience with client-side technologies such as AngularJS, ReactJS, TypeScript, KnockoutJS, and Handlebars.
- Experience with task-runners technologies such as Gulp, Grunt, and Webpack.
- Working knowledge of related technologies such as SQL Server, Internet Information Server and Active Directory.
- Proficiency in defining and maintaining Taxonomy Term Store(s), custom content types with the ability to create custom result sources, refiners and display templates for Enterprise SharePoint Search.
- Experience with complete Software Development Life Cycle and iterative development methodologies such as Agile, with the ability to transform documented use cases into prototypes and finished solutions.
- Experience with Azure and Office 365 development is a plus. (Would almost certainly be used on day 1).
- Strong communication, effective consulting, time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines (keep in mind we work almost entirely remotely).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Microsoft Certifications are preferred.
Thanks for taking the time to apply!
We would love the opportunity to meet everyone who applies, but unfortunately, that is not possible. We will only reach out to those who are short-listed. As part of our interview process, you will have an opportunity to connect with our leadership team to answer why 2toLead is the best place to work, meet one of our Practice Lead’s for a thorough interview and connect with your peers with whom you would work with daily.
Whether you are based out of Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal or somewhere else in Canada, you can apply. We are a remote-based startup that strives for work/life balance and supports flexibility so that you can work from anywhere.